goring
Lv 6
goring asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 4 weeks ago

Is the Speed of Light invariant at all levels in the substance containment of the Universe?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

No, IS NOT invariant. The speed of light in different mediums in the Universe are DIFFERENT. Some minerals have 3 speeds of light. If you mean "speed of light in a vacuum" you should SAY "in a vacuum" and NOT ASSUME that everyone understands that you mean that. The speed of light IS NOT constant or invariant in the Universe. The Universe may NOT be completely closed.  

Take a mineralogy course.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triclinic_crystal_...   

• 4 weeks ago

In a vacuum yes but it can be slowed down in a Bose-Einstein condensate how this works I have not sure, but I assume it has something to do with it being so cold (within a few points of a degree of absolute zero), that motion becomes virtually impossible for the atoms and hence their energy is spectacularly reduced. I am but a Layman. I hope someone with knowledge of the subject can help more.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. The speed of light is a constant. It does not vary in a vacuum.

• goring
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

The Einstein equation for the variance of the speed of light in a gravity field is as follows;

C' = C+ Phi.

Where C' is the increased speed of light due to motion in a gravity field.

C is the speed of light in local space.

Phi = ( 2 GMo / D ) ^ 0.5.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes it is.......

• goring
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

See Einstein equation of speed of light in a gravity field

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

"substance containment of the Universe" ... goring trying to be funny (again).

• Henry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Not a chance. They contradict their own theories. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.