Horse asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Zoologist Susan Crockford says she lost her professor status for giving scientific numbers on polar bears.  Have you heard her own words?

Excerpts:

As you may have heard, this summer I lost my status as Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Anthropology Department at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada (UVic), a position I had held for 15 years. This action followed my expulsion from the roster of the university’s volunteer Speakers Bureau in May 2017. However, until April 2017 the university and the Anthropology department proudly promoted my work, including my critical polar bear commentary, which suggests someone with influence (and perhaps political clout) intervened to silence my scientific criticism.

____________________

More at link.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/16/uvic-bows-t...

Best Answer

Don't poke the bear! They want to misinform us, take away our powers of reasoning, wealth, and freedom and if you get in their way it will be curtains for you. This just proves it!

• Daro

Many scientists have been forced to "retract" the truth to keep their gov. jobs. Just one more piece of proof of the scam.

.

The gov. keeps stats on populations of animals for the endanger species list. Polar bears were not on the list because they do not qualify. Libs had to rig it in order to keep the scam going.

.

• Daro
      4 weeks agoReport

Not what your hero Algore said. U paste in a lot of words but no real substance. Just liberal prattle, as usual.

• cruis

She's probably better off without the groupthink. She's been part owner in an animal bone analysis company for 30 years. This was probably a side job.

Well, at least we got one side of the story.

• Cowboy

An Adjunct Assistant Professor for 15 years is outrageous! Clearly not ready for the big leagues.....

• antarcticice
      1 month agoReport

It was reported at least two years ago she was not a polar bear expert.
      https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/climate-denier-blogs-ignore-science-1.4424956

• JimZ

The Canadians were the American state that wouldn't fight for their freedom from British tyranny 200 years ago. It is hard for me to feel sorry for them. Sadly she is a victim of being a Canadian. I feel for the repressed people in Hong Kong living under a brutal regime but I am also sickened by examples like hers that are not as extreme but are closer to our borders. It really drives home the value of having a freedom of speech. The left in Canada and in the US wants to limit freedom of speech to the extent possible. Canadians are controlled in what they can say which is a sickening power of the state in their attempt to control thought. They want to be able to lie and cheat about topics like climate without having any dissent. I'm not being extreme, just realistic.

This is pretty a fairly common occurrence in the scientific community. It's been happening ever since someone claimed that the earth was round.

• David B.
      1 month agoReport

Climate Realist; Wow what an intelligent and compelling point of view!

• Henry

Yes, the believers don't like math, especially water level projections!!!!!

• sam
      1 month agoReport

dana1981 is a false name taken from Dana, a real scientist years ago

Communists.....

• oikoσ
      1 month agoReport

Thanks for the use of your answer. A certain horse's rear is afraid of my responses and has blocked me.

I am rather dubious. If that were true, organizations like the Canadian version of the AAUP would be up in arms. REAL scientists don't retaliate for expression of opinions they don't agree with.

`Dr Crockford's website is in the comments.

• Horse1 month agoReport

Crockford's website and research maintains that polar bear numbers are not diminishing. Many areas are thriving.