Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Men, if given the opportunity would you quit working and only “work” taking care of your home?

Best Answer

I think most people would rather retire earlier if they are financially able to do so. While things are changing, the fact is it's still much easier for woman to drop out fo the workforce and be supported by a husband than the reverse.

If I was still getting paid the same for it and I didn't have to do any extra housework that I don't do already then yeah I guess I would.

Yes, might as well get the house work done between 9:00-5:00 instead of working.

Working at home is what woman would want to do with kids. I can tolerate being around kids and around a house for a day or two before I get irritable. Women , despite what you see in the modern world, are actually capable of enjoying doing home keeping. I think it is because women like to fantasize about what men do, but men like to idealize what they will want to do.

As men we have to feel like we are working on something to fulfill an ideal we have into reality. I retire and buy a farm, do some workshops, and try to become a community leader. Most people have convinced themselves that working a job is fulfilling, though, So they project it onto people with other life ideals. "If you istic, could stop being a slave, would you still work?" Of course we would, it is in our nature to work on something.

IT isn't opportunity but need of the hour ....even i have to bow to domesticity ...building a fort ain't a woman's job ...but a home is ....so she is working and studying evening classes ....and the cubs will follow but ...you gotta make the hoes realize this is a very responsible undertaking !!!

This can't continue for long ...because i would sooner or later start a neighborhood war with the neighbors ...so once the construction job is done ...she takes over and i go back to courts and hammer some anti humanists legally !!!

Source(s): MISOA...supervising construction labour and material and getting it in place as perfection ...sigh !!!

At this point in life, no, I would not. I've busted some pretty good nut at work in the last couple of years. I had quite possibly one of the cutest piecesofass in the world straddling her thigh gap over my mouth, which would have not happened if I did not have a job to go to.

• Bill

Men that stay at home have lower testrone levels and higher levels of estrogen other hormones like those responsible for producing breast milk. On the other hand, women that stay at home have higher estrogen levels and high levels of other hormones like those found in breast milk. As for women that work, they not only have lower estrogen levels, but HIGHER testosterone levels.

What this means is that the role reversal that you're openly promoting here is biologically bad for both men and women.

You see traditionalism is not only right for social reasons, but also biological reasons. :D

Oh and no, I don't much care for you promoting role reversal. It has also been noted that you're a coward.

I'm not a man. However, the work ethic is destroying the planet and it means, for example, that if you're an arms dealer you will be more respected than if you're sleeping rough due to not being able to find ethical work. Also, work is part of human nature. People who don't work in one way or another are practically non-existent. I do paid work. I also home edded my now adult children, participated in church activities, political activism, charity, home making, helped with the home ed of other people's children, taught German to adults and so forth. I now care for my elderly father. All of that was and is work. Whether it's paid or not is not what gives it value.

I’d retire today if I didn’t need to earn income. I have to take care of my home whether I’m working or not, it would sure be nice to not work though.

• ioerr

having the option to do it would be enough for me

i'm sure i'd keep working some kind of job, though maybe part time. it's not good to get too inactive