How do I know?

This is a very sensitive subject. I uh... I am a little lost. I feel like I...

Let me start with a short backstory.

Speaking with my brother who is a transgender male, we were talking about how family has a more difficult time accepting the change he is going through, how they haven't hopped on the train. I am the only one in his life that has accepted it. Now, we don't share a mother, but at one time his father had married my mom and have since been divorced. A short couple years after that time my brother had come out as gay, into women, and then bisexual then after deciding to trans be only open to women. 

During the time he was a girl who had come out as gay my mother had shared an experience with him about her experience with another LDS girl and it made her confused and ashamed. I know you don't know who my mother is but if you did that would surprise you because she has been so against being gay, at least in regards to my step-brother. My mother has had friends who were gay. But she doesn't share much of anything of her experiences from when she started to become a person she wanted to hide from others. 

I feel like this isn't enough information, but I only have 1500 words that I can use. 

Is my mom possible hiding the fact that she likes women, she is overly sensitive regarding women and hates men. It took her a year to trust my boyfriend around my 12 year old sister.

I don't think so. I think her not trusting a teenage boy around a younger kid is 100% justified. I'm basing this on the 18 yo I knew who raped a 5-year-old. I also think it's justified to not believe or take seriously a kid who changes his identity and sexuality multiple times. Your brother doesn't know up from down and needs real therapy. Your mother is probably right. Mothers usually are.

Maybe something happened with her and a man at one point that made her feel... Well stopped allowing her to trust men. I don't think it necessarily means she's gay. I think maybe she's just had a hard time, and doesn't want people to think she's bad for not being accepting of homosexuality.