Starting my own scrap metal business. Can anyone give me advice on starting my own scrap metal collection service?

I was simply going to buy a tipper van, going round and collecting scrap and weighing it in when the van is full.

I've helped a friend over the years and I have a few contacts. I only need To work part time so I wouldn't be desperate for the money. Can anyone help and give advice please?

Talk to others who are doing the same thing. It's a niche market, most here would have no idea what's behind scrap metal collecting.

Where will you be obtaining the scrap? You do realize you're a middleman. Anyone with enough scrap will take it directly and if not enough, then you drive around hoping to pick some up.

Scrap works as a business, not a side gig, in general.

Sounds like you know more than any of us would. Just start operating is my advice. Worry about a license only if you need one.

• CAB

Is there a nearby city with a lot of abandoned buildings? Good hunting.......

The only advice i can give is not to ask for answers on Yahoo!