Why don't airlines have larger sized seats for plus sized people?

They could probably charge a little more for them, instead of making the flying experience a nightmare for some people.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

COLD, HARD, MONEY!

• zipper
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

The more people they can fit in the more money they make, silly boy!

• 3 weeks ago

Why don’t they have enough restarted seats for u

• 4 weeks ago

Long ago I exited a PSA flight in San Diego behind the largest guy I have ever seen up close. I am well over 6 feet, but top of my head was only even with his shoulder. And he was wearing quarter inch sandals. I saw his profile. The guy was Wilt Chamberlain, all 7 feet 1 inch of him. His seating was in a special row where the over-wing exit window/door was on the 727. It was extra wide spacing to the next seats, and offered more leg room in that row. Just what Wilt needed.

If only present day cattle cars could offer the same adjustment for anyone who needs it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The Airlines are all about money. If you can show them something that gets them a few more pennies per passenger they will do it. If it costs more, they will not. What you are proposing will cost them more.

• 4 weeks ago

There ARE larger seats, and you pay extra for them. DUH.

• 4 weeks ago

There is no money in it the USA has looked into standing only for short Hops to make more Money want a bigger seat and more leg room go Business of 1st class

• 4 weeks ago

You can get charged for two seats if you are too big to fit in one.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They DO! They're called "First Class" seats and they cost at least double what the cheap seats cost. Of course, you get free drinks and a meal with those seats too.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They do, economy plus, business, business plus and of course for the ginormous people first class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.