Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Is it true I can get Swedish citzenship if I study there for 5 years ?

I live in a 3rd world country but thankfully my family has money and my friend who had Swedish citzenship advised me to study there saying I can get the citzenship in 3 years but I read online it's 5 years.

Is it true?

• Foofa

No. The years it takes to qualify for naturalization must be spent as a permanent resident not a foreign student, work visa holder or au pair. Those categories are considered "just visiting" in terms of citizenship.

• Maxi

No it is not true.student visas do not give you immigration rights, you study then you go home

• Tavy

No, you have to have a job there. Students return home after studies.

No; you can't get citizenship if you're on a student visa (which is temporary, and after which you're supposed to return home) You'd need a permanent visa, eg work, spouse for example.

• Burgoo

just go there and say your are refugee from persecution, they will give you a house and a car

• ibu guru
      1 month agoReport

Not anymore! they are deporting massive numbers of such people for visa/immigration/asylum fraud.