Is it more frowned upon to be a gay woman than a gay man? (In the UK)?

This is for an assignment i m doing but against statistics there are more gay men then there are gay woman in the UK. Is there a reason for this? For example is it harder to come out?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ask Get the L Out and all the lesbian academics who've been fired. Yes, lesbians are more persecuted than gay men, because they are women. But there's no reason why there would be "equal" numbers of gay men and gay women. There appear to be more gay men everywhere than lesbians.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not 'frowned upon' at all in the UK.  A few people are homophobic, but they're ignorant idiots.

Most people really don't care about other people's sexuality but fully accept that they're just people like everyone else.

• 1 month ago

Nowadays, it's neither. But back in the olden days, it was more frowned upon to be a gay man than to be a gay woman. LGBT rights first came to prominence following the decriminalisation of sexual activity between men, in 1967 in England and Wales, and later in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Sexual activity between women was never subject to the same legal restriction. It was always legal for women to be gay, but it was criminalized for men to be gay

• 1 month ago

I don't know. Sorry I couldn't help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.