Why is it that I hate babies and little kids but I'm so drawn near my relative's babies and my niece's/nephews?

I can't stand annoying kids or babies who cry too much but when it comes to my adorable niece which is only 6 months old God I love hugging and playing with her. She's so small and adorable and cure (n.n)

Do you think it's because of genetics that that the more related you are to them you love them more or something lol?

• VAA
    Best Answer

It sounds like you have bonded with your little niece. I love babies, but I am not drawn to all of them. I don't find them all adorable but I do have a strong maternal instinct and would do whatever it took to protect them. They cry because they cannot speak and it is their only way of communicating their feelings. It takes patience but it is not for everyone.

That has nothing to do with genetics. Every baby cries a lot, although some do more than others. I'm sure your niece does when you're not there. The crying could be from being tired, hungry, having a wet/soiled diaper, or having an upset stomach.

Infants are adorable, and it's very common to want to hug and play with them. However, as they get older, they get into things, they are noisy, they are stubborn and have other annoying habits. This will happen even with your niece. Still, because she's family,you will have more patience because you know and love her.

You are just afraid of responsibility. Genetics has nothing to do with it.

• PAMELA

Yes, proberly, you have a blood relationship to them.

It's not that you don't like babies. It's that you think you don't like babies.