how to get keloids to go down?

i got my nose pierced 4-5 months ago and a keloid formed. its honestly quite embarrassing and its not going away, any tips on how to get it to go down?

You will need steroid injections- several of them.

A pair of pliers.

I have had a couple of keloids on my back from bug bites. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to get rid of them. If you remove them, they grow back bigger. The only thing that is usually effective is steroid injections, and you have to get them every few months. It is also very painful and takes a couple of months for the keloid to go away. It sucks :(

• Laura

Is it an keloid or an irritation bump? They are two different things.

An irritation bump is a bump that is caused by irritation. It will shrink then come back if it gets irritated again.

A keloid is an overgrowth of scar tissue. This is not something that will go away on its own. You need surgery to get rid of a keloid.

I recommend going to an app certified piercer and having them take a look at your nose piercing. They can tell you what it is and how to help it go away.

Yes. Have it surgically removed!

Peace.

Depends whether it's a true keloid, or hypertrophic scarring