Anonymous

brief exposure to bright blue light at night, will it make it hard to sleep tonight?

can someone correct this potential cognitive distortion that I have? I was looking at my monitor settings and i click on something and the screen suddenly goes really bright and it hurts my eyes, the bright screen only lasted about 1 second though because i change it back. I have this weird thought/belief that now my body will be forced to sleep later than i usually sleep. So basically what i am asking is did this brief exposure (1 second) to bright blue light at night affect my sleeping pattern at all? 

need toadd that my mental state is not the best right now (which is why this question may seem dumb to others) and i may see a doctor soon for these cognitive distortions and intrusive thoughts. and i also need to add that i was feeling sleepy right before this happened and as soon as i was exposed to it i suddenly felt stressed and not sleepy (this is probably because of the stress that the unwanted thought caused, not the bright light itself)i still want to know whether it will affect sleep

• audrey

I'm sure that one second will totally change your whole life. It will never be the same again.

You will go to sleep a second later. Should not affect your beauty sleep noticably.

I thought it was supposed to aid in sleep