Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Wasn't it magical seeing ordinary commuters drag Extinction Rebellion pricks from the roof of a Tube train and batter them?

The look of horror on the little bearded hipster's face when someone threw food at him, then it quickly dawned on him that his actions were not popular as he was dragged by his ankles off the roof of the train and punches rained down on him from all directions (and I mean all directions).

Update:

TfL have insisted there definitely is not any CCTV footage of the incident or any similar incidents in the future.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Yeah. It was kind of funny. There was an angry mob against them.

I saw the mob rip away their banner which read

"Business as Usual = Death"

• 4 weeks ago

Why don’t ER protestors go on a global hunger strike until they achieve their objectives?

That way, they aren’t inconveniencing anyone.

• 1 month ago

Apparently they are trying to get a message through to the millions of thick morons that still bury their heads in the sand, when it comes to admitting that climate change exists. Those poor peaceful protestors, will need to try a different method to get their messages across. Perhaps all join the Green Party and take up Martial Arts, so they can fight back, when violent morons, try to beat them up.

• Tony
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I think the nearest any of those ER fannies have ever got to martial arts is Chai Tea.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It was brilliant. It's a pity the Police aren't so pro active.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Silly to pick on public transport, do they want to persuade commuters to drive themselves to work. 

• 1 month ago

Violence isn't the answer, either from the police or the commuters. I understand the frustration and anger that people, going about their lives, have towards the protestors, they are caught up in a protest that they probably agree with but, not the method in which it is being conducted, People prevented from getting to work, possibly losing money because of it. Not being able to get home to meet schoolchildren, the road to a hospital being blocked. The protesters may well have lost what goodwill the public may have had for their cause. Using violence against them however, could well swing public opinion back the other way.

Edit...The protesters are targeting the wrong people, commuters, using non polluting public transport. Why don't they go and lie down in front of HGVs, glue themselves to the wheels, handcuff themselves to the doors of the trailers?

• 1 month ago

They should have handcuffed themselves to something, I guess they're learning but their cause is most definitely righteous and I suspect they won't be perturbed by any minor set backs like this.

• The current rate of progress suggests it will be far longer than a decade, if we carry on as is we are estimated to increase global warming to 6c by 2100 which more or less means the end of the species, 80 years to extinction is worthy of panic

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

the general public weren't buying into their protestations

very convenient that they were attacked bc now they are victims / heroes

• Tony
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

That doesn't add up - whose heroes are they? Not the public's.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well if they claim direct action is OK, they can hardly complain can they?

• Peter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I believe it's called 'just desserts'.

• Tony
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

It looked more like a bag of chips that was thrown, although it was too early in the morning for chippies to be open. So perhaps it was popcorn. I agree with you though - a pavlova would have been nice (followed by a dousing in spray cream after he got his thorough punching).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.