Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

School office teacher is horrible, do I have a right to complain?

My 4 year old who has been at reception just a few weeks was running a little late this morning we got there 2 minutes late and she made him walk through all the way to his class through other classes all by himself and I was checking he knew the way witch he didn’t and asked him for a kiss before he leaves he told him rudely, no your late enough as it is.

She’s always very rude to parents and kids but I d not want my 4 year old with the anxiety of going to school because this horrible women, if I want to say goodbye o my child and make sure he knows where he’s going in a place he hasn’t long been I should not have some rude unpleasant women telling him he’s not allowed and giving me the dirtiest look. Do I have a right to voice my opinion and make a complaint? This women should not be working in a school, poor children are scared to go to the office.

Thankyou for any opinions.

• Foofa

You have the right to complain and you also have the right to put your kid into a different school if things don't improve.

• `

You're lucky your kid was actually able to get in the door once classes begin. Most districts either lock the main door or the classroom door when school is in session. Did you call the school to let them know you'd be little late.

Your kid was late, you should have said goodbye in the car! Sure she can be nice, but she's not and as long as she does her job well then she won't get fired. Can you just imagine how many people she has to deal with all day? It's no excuse but I really don think she's as bad as you think she is.

• PAMELA

Yes, make a complaint, i would be looking for another school, behaviour like that can damage a child.

not allowing you to enter the school is probably a security issue--giving you a dirty look is reallllly subjective... I doubt your complaint would hold much weight.  I am surprised they didn't get an employee to show him down to the kindergartens though.

also---that is probably not a teacher...most likely she is security or a greeter, or a monitor.

maybe you should talk to the principal about it

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

What kind of school do you think a 4-year-old would be going to that would have a principal? A 4-year-old wouldn't be in that kind of school - he would be more likely to be in day care or kindergarten.

• Jenna

She sounds cold, but also it does not sound complaint worthy. Your job is to get your child to school on time like every other parent and if you made a complaint the school would take the side of the school office based on you not bringing your child to school on time. It was petty of her not to let your child say goodbye to you properly, however, I read your comment you were late because of a doctor's appointment. Did you contact the office prior? If so they would have exempted your son and it would not have been that lady's place to judge.

• Peter

Your 4 year old wasn't late, you were, and your child had to suffer because of your failure as a parent, to get him to school on time.

• Peter
      1 month agoReport

Really? You didn't say that in your question. Incidentally, being honest isn't being judgemental.