Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

Who should pay for this? ?

My boyfriend moved to another town - had to on short notice for work. The day before he moved, he accidentally parked on a yellow line.

I can't drive (am on a learner's licence) but had used the car a few times while he taught me how to drive. The car is registered under his name. 

He had asked me that while he was away, to check the car and turn on the engine every once in a while as I can't drive it. I did it once so sort of failed on that promise. 

A month and a half later, I find out the car has multiple parking fines on it. I didn't realise he had parked it on a yellow line. 

My boyfriend is very angry at me. He says he will pay for the first fine, but I will pay the rest of the tickets because they would not have accumulated had I done what he'd asked and checked the car regularly. 

I 100% understand his anger in that he could not rely on me. But at the end of the day it is not my car and I did not park on the yellow line. Who should pay the fines? 

• Sally

he should pay all the fines. none of the fines are in your name

Source(s): Bill Clinton

This your fault. You had one job. Ur useless. You pay that **** and quit tryna get pity for being a dumb niBBA.

He's a controlling pos that sounds like he's trying to manipulate you and feel bad so he doesn't need to own up to his own responsibilities.

CAR OWNER PAYS THE TICKET (hes responsible for the vehicle not you)

If I were in your position, I would have said that HE is 100% liable for ALL of the fines and if he contacted me again, for ANY reason, I would file for a restraining order.

He pays the fines...then ends your relationship.

If you have checked on the car, as you had said you would...you would have noticed the issue and could have alerted him. He could have had a friend come and move it, knowing that you could not. However, you did not and this resulted in multiple tickets.

I'd ditch you in a heartbeat...not about the fines, that happens...its about your character... He asked for your help and you failed...pretty miserably.

Who is concerned to have done that.

• Tavy

He should, he parked on the line. You could not move it as you are not allowed to drive.

It isn't your responsibility; it's entirely your boyfriend's responsibility to fine these fines. He is the one who didn't park properly.

The person who violated the law must pay.