How can you reject God as a viable option for the universe and the creation of life if you don't know what caused them?

Best Answer

I do not "reject god".

What I do is different, though I expect that you don't care about the difference.

I reject you and the stories you tell about your god. I call you a liar and the stories about gods lies. That is not only the stories about your particular god, but all the stories about all the gods.

The actual problem is not me "rejecting god", the problem is your own inability to clearly separate between fantasy and reality.

Your argument is invalid. Whenever you don't know something about the real world, 'magic' is never a valid answer. Never. Not even is you say 'divine power' instead.

I reject god as a viable answer for anything, just as you reject Santa Claus as a viable option for presents, just as we reject Zeus as a viable answer for lightning.

• trancinguy
      4 weeks agoReport

You're the magician that's claiming something can come from nothing.

In that case, why do you reject the cosmic goat as a viable option for the universe and the creation of life if you don't know what caused them?

I don't actually outright reject the idea that a god of some sort created the universe. I just see no reason to think that it is the case, and certainly see no good evidence to support the idea that it is one of the specific gods people have claimed exist.

The problem is, if we say the Universe is 15 Billion (or any other number) years old, then it had a beginning. Since it had a beginning, there was a Creator. If we say the Universe has always existed, then none of us would. The Universe is expanding, always has. If it had no beginning, there wouldn't be anything larger than 2 atoms together by now. If we say there's a multiverse, then we must also admit there's no proof. Therefore Singularity exists. The Universe began at God's command. The Cosmic Background Noise & Expansion proves it.

• Cogito

Science has already explained most of it, but even if I don't really understand that, I see no reason to assume that it must have been some omnipotent deity.

It could equally have been a magic teenage pixie from Alpha Centauri working on a school project.

Psalm 14:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Romans 1:28

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

• Misty
      4 weeks agoReport

That is ancient superstition meant to fool the suckers.

Because in order to claim magic created the universe. you need to prove magic is real first.

• Bill-M

But we do know. Have a knowledge of Science and you will also know.

Because we never saw the guy do it.

• trancinguy
      4 weeks agoReport

I have a lot of examples but let us take two for now, first I'm real and the second is I'm an A.I. robot programmed to collect data from Yahoo "answers", how would you find out which is the correct description about me?

• How can we reject magical pink universe creating unicorns? They are just as likely as a god?

But I get it. You personally don’t know how the universe began so you then just assume it must be a magical space wizard.