- Anonymous3 weeks ago
Depends on the age of your children, the type of home you live in, whether you are an active outdoors type of family, or more of a stay at home type. There is a dog breed to suit everyone s needs and circumstances, so do not be hasty. Do not rush into buying the first puppy you see. Do your research first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMqXhaAR6o
- NatashaLv 73 weeks ago
Understand that a dog's temperament depends largely on their early life experiences i.e. socialization and training as a young puppy, or a lack of. It's for that reason specifically that more or less any dog will be good pets for a family with children, as long as they're socialized with children well, and the children are taught how to behave well around them i.e.:-
- they must always ask the owner's permission before approaching a dog who they don't know, and stay away if the owner says no.
- don't disturb a dog while they're playing with a toy, nursing puppies, eating, drinking, sleeping or resting if they're hurt or sick.
- never tease a dog, since this can make them bite out of frustration
- don't make sudden movements or loud noises around dogs, as it can scare them.
- learn how to read a dog's body language, and recognize when the dog wants to be left alone.
However, there are lots of dog breeds which are known to be especially good with children. These are:-
- English Bull Terrier
- English Bulldog
- Labrador Retriever
- Golden Retriever
- St. Bernard
- Irish Setter
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Alaskan Malamute
- Boston Terrier
- Bichon Frise
- Cocker Spaniel
- French Bulldog
- Bearded Collie
- Great Dane
- Irish Wolfhound
- Scottish Deerhound
- Welsh Springer Spaniel
- Old English Bulldog
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
- Heinz 57 dogs, or as they're known, a 'mutt' or 'mongrel'
NB if you do decide to get a dog, make sure you research the breeds first. It's very important that you do in order to make sure you pick the right breed for your lifestyle, since this will vary depending on how much money you can afford to spend on them, the household you live in, how much exercise you can provide and how much time you can put into training them.
Hope this helps.
- 4 weeks ago
A Lab is the perfect family dog!
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
An abused Pit bull. They're great with children!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- bluebonnetgrannyLv 74 weeks ago
Golden Retriever or Labrador Retriever. The Lab has been the most popular breed for something like 33 yrs.
- JoeLv 54 weeks ago
A mutt from a shelter. Always from a shelter. You'd be saving a life and getting the best damn dog ever !
- VeschengroLv 64 weeks ago
That would depend on the family
- MaxiLv 74 weeks ago
Any well balanced dog that you are rprepared to spend time to traine, socialise, walk daily and look after properly........ you get back what you put in
- JojoLv 74 weeks ago
IN the UK the dog voted the best family dog all round, is the Labrador Retriever. Amiable and soft natured, it`s an easy dog to own and train.Source(s): GSD owner for 56 years. (UK)
- KerriLv 44 weeks ago
Golden Retriever, Labrador’s, and Boston Terriers are three very friendly, very kid tolerant and good breeds for families. I’ve had one of each over the years and enjoyed them all.