Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is it okay to be spoiled?

I know that I am certainly very spoiled. Spoiled rotten, in fact. I have many nice things for a teen, have been treated to the best of the best, etc. Yet I don't think I am a brat. I do not flaunt my (parents') wealth, and I try to be grateful. So, is it okay for me to be spoiled? But, am I a spoiled brat?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is usually not healthy to be spoiled.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't know how you live but if you're giving back in the form of charitable donations and volunteering it doesn't matter how "spoiled" you are. Being a "brat" is something totally different and one can be bratty without being spoiled.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Make sure you put in your own effort,too.

• 2 months ago

Spoiled? No...but you now this or you wouldn't have asked. Spoiled gets its connotation in this context from being spoiled like with rotten fruit. This is because if one is treated so well they have to do nothing for themselves, they lose integrity over time and rot. One of the heirs to the DuPont fortune declined all of (billions) except for $10k stating, "I didn't earn it. It's not mine."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yeah if you don’t bother anybody

• 2 months ago

One test for you is... if you are generous with other people, and what do you do for others.  If you are not generous with your time, effort, your material goods, or your money, then you may be too spoiled, not in a good way.

• 2 months ago

it is okay....as long as it doesn't corrupt you or make you greedy and arrogant

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.