- NatashaLv 71 month ago
Yes, they can be, provided that they're socialized with children as a young puppy, and the children are taught to behave appropriately around dogs i.e.:-
- always ask the owner's permission before approaching a strange dog, and stay away if the owner says no.
- don't disturb a dog while they're playing with a toy, nursing puppies, eating, drinking, sleeping or resting if they're hurt or sick.
- never tease a dog, since it could cause the dog to bite out of frustration
- don't make sudden movements or loud noises around dogs, as it can scare them and lead them to bite out of fear.
- learn how to read a dog's body language, and recognize when the dog wants to be left alone.
Hope this helps.
- Anonymous1 month ago
They make great sporting and hunting dogs so you will need to put a lot if time in giving them enough physical activity and mental stimulation
Read up on the breed, go and visit conformation shows, and get in touch with owners and breeders of the breed through your nations kennel club -
- Star_of_DarknessLv 71 month ago
They are working dogs, very high energy and bad with kids. Like all terriers they are high strung and will end up biting the kids and you will blame the poor dog for your stupidity
- bluebonnetgrannyLv 71 month ago
I have had no experience with this breed. And all I could do is to refer you to the standards of the breed, or just search the breed or even google your question.
It says that, yes, they do make good family dogs. Great companion dogs. The more research the better you will know the breed. I think you made a great choice.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- VeschengroLv 61 month ago
for some..............yes..... for others ......no
- E. H. AmosLv 71 month ago
No, they really ARE NOT! As the above article indicated they are VERY HIGH energy indoors (that would be difficult for even adults, but esp for children - who could get knocked down). They can be high strung, strong, vigorous and "terrier-like". Their emotional stability is low (meaning they have wide mood swings). Their sociability within the family is MEDIUM to LOW. Their sociability with CHILDREN IS LOW TO VERY LOW.
Sporting dog breeds such as the Golden Retriever, Flat Coated Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Clumber Spaniel, English Cocker Spaniel, Field Spaniel, Sussex Spaniel, English, Irish & Gordan Setters, Brittany, and Vizsla are highly rated as good family dogs and esp good with children.
- JojoLv 71 month ago
Lots of info on this site below: