Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 2 months ago

Does having a lot of storage taken up on your phone slow it down a lot? Would it speed up if I did a hard reset?

Sometimes it takes forever to load a webpage while my computer on the same WiFi can load said webpage almost immediately. I notice it on the Internet, but not so much elsewhere. Of course I'd save photos, contacts, etc somewhere else before resetting it.

Answer to Mai question = Yes.

You would need to be running very low on storage for your phone to slow down. How much is "a lot of storage" and what is the capacity of your phone?

There are other things to consider. I don't know what phone you have, but phones in general aren't as fast as good desktops/laptops. A lot of websites are filled with tracking scripts, ads, fancy animations, images, and so on which can tax a phone's CPU, which slows things down.