Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

If I used drugs one night when my daughter was gone at her fathers for a 4day weekend. Is that child neglect? Can they take her?

imll

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No; they can't take her for that, and it's not considered child neglect. You weren't neglecting your child while you were using drugs one night - she was with her father for 4-day weekend and she wasn't being neglected.

However, if you keep on using drugs when she's with you, that's a different story.

• 1 month ago

If it was a one time thing, no, it's unlikely.

• 1 month ago

Edit

Methamphetamine Detection Times by Type of Test:

BLOOD

Up to 48 hours

URINE

Up to 3 days

SALIVA

24 to 48 hours

HAIR

Up to 90 days

Was this your first time using it ever? It seems you already know that what you did was stupid. You don't need to be lectured more unless this is going to become a habit? If so get help not just for yourself but also for your children.

What drug are we talking about here?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How dare you ask that question, your brain must be a

Fried egg!!! Many people would take her until you

Clean up your Act!!! I'm so sick of addicts

Who care less about their Blessing of a child!!!! Your child should be Number One sista'

Get some help!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Consider this - if  you use illegal drugs and are arrested during those few days while your daughter is at her father's house - what happens then.

It is NEVER a good plan to use anything that will impair you in any way - especially if that something is actually also illegal.

"They" CAN take her IF someone reports you and charges happen because of it.

• Anonymous
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I doubt if it was a one time thing
      You're so paranoid...hmmmm

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think they can, i know someone right now that cant have her newborn daughter cause of drugs and some relatives have custody of her

• 1 month ago

Doing drugs is not good for you or your health. It can affect the way you react to problems so it can be seen as child neglect seeing that drugs have a lasting effect on ones mind its never good to do them or have it on your record because they may say you are no longer mentally capable to raise a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.