Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

can i shoot lead bullets out of a semi automatic pistol?

• Mr.357

Sure. If you are using a Glock, make sure the clean the lead out of the barrel frequently. The rifling tends to build up fast and the gun can rapidly self disassemble if too much lead builds up in the barrel.

Yes. You might have to harden the cast lead bullets by adding antimony to it but it can be done. You might also have to delead the barrel which is a pain to do.

• boeing3521 month agoReport

Hardcast lead in polygonal rifling is a bad idea. SAMMI warns against it, as does Glock and H&K

Guns are very dangerous and will be banned December 1

• Robin

yes I do in my 32acp .............

Do you mean like a .22?

Sure, though you may need to clean it a bit more often than if you were shooting jacketed ammo. If you clean you gun regularly it won't be an issue. Now if it's hard cast lead be mindful some barrels especially those with polygonal rifling aren't designed to handle that.

I do a lot of shooting with .45 ACP and reload, when I can't find a cheaper FMJ, I often find lead in cost effective bulk.

Bullets are getting pricy today, you get 500 for $40- OK but $200 getting ridiculous.

If your pistol has a barrel with polygonal rifling polygonal rifling it can cause excessive lead fouling and need more through cleaning.

• mokrie

All guns are semi automatic.

• Better yet, stay away entirely until your daddy says you are old enough to be taught these things. You do have a daddy, right?

No. Semi-automatic pistols only shoot hydrogen bullets. Here's your sign.