Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Christians, do you believe that you deserve to go to hell?

Best Answer

When I was Christian, I thought I did.

By the way, this is only guessing but perhaps the type of Christianity influences these trends. Catholics probably feel they deserve Hell more whereas perhaps Protestants default deserving feelings for Heaven.

Variations, of course.

I think I do..........

• no humans will be sent to hell

• Chris

Everybody deserves hell.

But nobody has to be there.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Yes. According to what is acceptable to God in His word compared to the life I use to live I definitely deserve it. I mean I am not God. I cannot say what is right or wrong or I agree or disagree what's right or wrong. I just have to accept well God said this is wrong therefore it's wrong no if ands or buts about it. If it's wrong it's wrong and if the punishment has been determined to be hell then yes by Gods standards I definitely disserve it. But there is a way out. Thankfully.

Ezekiel 18:21 21But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Romans 13:9 9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

How sad that people are taught they deserve hell just for being human.

• Papa-G

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:​27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, however, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:​10.

Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.​—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.

Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”​—Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:​19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.

God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.”​—⁠1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:​31.

• That's the whole selling point of Christianity. The good news can't exist without the bad news.

Every accountable soul, past, present, future "deserves" a devil's hell. Isaiah 59:1-2, Romans 3:23. But the caveat is grace and mercy, i.e. the getting of what is not deserved, and the not getting of what is deserved. Two sides of the same coin.

• Paul

Well, no-one deserves Heaven.