Anonymous

What happens if you miss a class in college?

It's raining very hard and my tie's pressure is low so I don't want to risk any slippery roads.

• Thomas
    Best Answer

It usually depends on your professor. When I was working, I didn't care much about my student's attendance, it is your responsibility on how many lectures you missed or learned so I'll treat you like an independent adult. The final exam will tell me how much you learned from my course overall.

If you're going to be absent, let your professor know via email or just tell before you know when you're going to miss class but college costs a ton of money so don't just throw them!

Oh and DO NOT miss exams! They'll make a MASSIVE impact on your grade.

• .
      1 month agoReport

Agreed. My oldest son recently got hung up in the financial aid office regarding a scholarship, showed up almost an hour late to an exam, and got a C+ on it because he didn't have time to finish.

My college life was the most colorful life and when I miss my college always I am crying.

In contrast to high school, missing a class in college can often feel like no big deal. It's rare for college professors to take attendance, and if you're only one student out of hundreds in a large lecture hall, you might feel like no one noticed your absence. So what -- if anything -- do you need to do if you miss class in college?

Contact Your Professor

Consider emailing or calling the professor. You don't always have to let your professor know if you missed class, but you should at least think carefully about whether or not you need to say something. If you missed one relatively uneventful lecture in a class with hundreds of people, you might not need to say something. But if you missed a small seminar class, definitely touch base with your professor.

Talk to Classmates

Check-in with your classmates about what material you missed. Don't assume you know what happened in class, regardless of how previous class sessions have gone.

Keep Your Professor in the Loop

Let your professor know if you expect to miss class again sometime soon. If, for example, you have a family emergency to deal with, let your professor know what's going on. You don't need to go into too much detail, but you can (and should) mention the reason for your absence.

Why haven't you fixed your tire, put some air in it?

I doubt you're a college student. Very incomprehensible.

Each instructor makes their own policies. It might be called out in the syllabus of the class

depends on the professor teaching the class

• drip

Is that an excuse for missing work. Stop at a gas station and fill up your tires. Go to Firestone, they will do it for you.

The teacher got to work in the rain, so can you.

Save missing class for when you are sick.

And read your syllabus!

Depends on how many you skip. If it’s one, that should be fine. If it’s many, chances are, you’ll get suspended from the college.

probably nothing and if you cant get there neither will anyone else, theres a good chance they cancelled it

• MS
      1 month agoReport

They probably aren't canceling class because of rain.