Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

I recieved a jury summons that was sent to my old address, the date has already passed. What will happen? Will I be fined?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, explain why you did not attend, and update your address.

• 1 month ago

Call them, give them your new address, and reschedule to go to jury duty on a different date.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In MY State you are required to advise the Court Clerk in writing of your new address AND why you didn't appear. If you don't appear - again, in MY State - a warrant is issued for your arrest.

• 1 month ago

No, but you should contact the Court and explain what happened.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not likely. Contact the court and explain why you missed the date and ask to have a new date assigned. This is fairly normal.

• 1 month ago

You should contact the court and explain the situation to them immediately so that you won't get in trouble. Provide proof that you are living at a different address and they will either have you reschedule for a different date or they may just throw it out and tell you not to worry about it.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Call the county courthouse and speak to the person in charge of juries. Tell them your story and you will just get a new call to serve. You have to actively avoid service and if you call you are not doing that.

• 1 month ago

i would call them and tell them what happened and that you didnt get it in time, i dont think theyd fine you for something like that, its not your fault

• 1 month ago

possibly, but you can contest it

• 1 month ago

Relax, it's fine, the case went ahead and they had enough jurors.

• Brother X1 month agoReport

That's right, they summon lots of people because they understand there'll be persons unsuitable and persons who fail to respond

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.