Anonymous

have 120 credits but my school wont issue my degree because my GPA is 1.97 instead of 2.0 Lookn for a school to accept my credits?

Hello Everyone,

Currently i am a student who is enrolled in a online school. I am in a bachelors program. I have a 120 credits however the school will not issue me a degree because my GPA is 1.97 instead of 2.0. The dilemma is, they told me if i want to get my GPA up i will have to retake a class that i may have gotten a C- or below in. I tried to take a new class but financial aid will not be granted if i take a class that is not a degree requirement. So i am sitting here with a unofficial transcript that says ive completed my degree requirements but the school will not issue a degree because i am .3 off of 2.0(required GPA). What make it worse is in the middle of last semester i was told by the school that financial aid didn't cover all my classes. SO now my only option is pay out of pocket for last semester which is $900 and then pay to repeat a class and get a better grade which is another $1200 for a total of $2100 or transfer. Even though my degree says completion. 

My Question today is; is there any college that i can transfer to that will accept most or all the credits i have ? 

Update:

N/A

8 Answers

Relevance
  • di
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Colleges will generally accept transfer credits with a grade of B - some will take C. Something to consider, though, is also how long it will take you to complete your degree - Schools must adhere to a policy concerning Satisfactory Academic Progress and Pursuit of Program - they are limited to allowing you 150% of your programs' general time frame to complete the program. So, a full time student normally completes a Bachelors in 4 years - the policy allows you 6. You may want to ask your current college about their appeal process for Satisfactory Attendance, as you obviously do not have a "C" average.

• 1 month ago

You're a lousy student, and you have known for at least 4 years that your grades & GPA were not up to snuff. You have NOT completed graduation requirements, and don't expect any university to accept you as a transfer student with such pathetic GPA. It's very common to require minimum GPA of 3.0 for a mediocre school, 3.25 or even higher to transfer into higher rated & more competitive schools.

Plus you cannot get transcripts, etc, if you owe your school any money. You are really being silly here. An online school, and you cannot maintain a B (3.0) average? Stop whining. Admit you have done a really bad job of it. Either correct your mistakes, retake your courses, or give it up without any degree.

• 1 month ago

that close to graduation? no. every college i've ever heard of requires that a student complete the last N classes while enrolled there and you certainly will not meet the requirement.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You cannot transfer all of your credits.  In order to issue a degree, most schools require that you obtain a minimum number of credits with them (usually 60, sometimes less).  It is typical that you cannot get a degree if your GPA is below 2.0 so this isn't something particular to this school.  Your options are clear - you just need to determine whether you can make it work. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No college would accept you with a GPA under 2.0. Get a job,.

Everyone is looking for seasonal workers. You can make that money before next semester.

• William1 month agoReport

I already work as a HR manager, Just was exhausting my options

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are stuck. You cannot transfer all your credits to another school and get a degree. You needed to quit or fix your GPA a couple of years ago. How could you be that out of touch.

• 1 month ago

so retake one of the classes you got a D or an F in

• 1 month ago

Wow, a GPA of 1.97, u dun gud uzin all dem big wordz.

What a disaster if colleges handed out degrees to idiots who clearly haven't understood the course work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.