Anonymous

have 120 credits but my school wont issue my degree because my GPA is 1.97 instead of 2.0 Lookn for a school to accept my credits?

Hello Everyone,

Currently i am a student who is enrolled in a online school. I am in a bachelors program. I have a 120 credits however the school will not issue me a degree because my GPA is 1.97 instead of 2.0. The dilemma is, they told me if i want to get my GPA up i will have to retake a class that i may have gotten a C- or below in. I tried to take a new class but financial aid will not be granted if i take a class that is not a degree requirement. So i am sitting here with a unofficial transcript that says ive completed my degree requirements but the school will not issue a degree because i am .3 off of 2.0(required GPA). What make it worse is in the middle of last semester i was told by the school that financial aid didn't cover all my classes. SO now my only option is pay out of pocket for last semester which is $900 and then pay to repeat a class and get a better grade which is another $1200 for a total of $2100 or transfer. Even though my degree says completion. 

My Question today is; is there any college that i can transfer to that will accept most or all the credits i have ? 

N/A

• di

Colleges will generally accept transfer credits with a grade of B - some will take C. Something to consider, though, is also how long it will take you to complete your degree - Schools must adhere to a policy concerning Satisfactory Academic Progress and Pursuit of Program - they are limited to allowing you 150% of your programs' general time frame to complete the program. So, a full time student normally completes a Bachelors in 4 years - the policy allows you 6. You may want to ask your current college about their appeal process for Satisfactory Attendance, as you obviously do not have a "C" average.

You're a lousy student, and you have known for at least 4 years that your grades & GPA were not up to snuff. You have NOT completed graduation requirements, and don't expect any university to accept you as a transfer student with such pathetic GPA. It's very common to require minimum GPA of 3.0 for a mediocre school, 3.25 or even higher to transfer into higher rated & more competitive schools.

Plus you cannot get transcripts, etc, if you owe your school any money. You are really being silly here. An online school, and you cannot maintain a B (3.0) average? Stop whining. Admit you have done a really bad job of it. Either correct your mistakes, retake your courses, or give it up without any degree.

that close to graduation? no. every college i've ever heard of requires that a student complete the last N classes while enrolled there and you certainly will not meet the requirement.

• MS

You cannot transfer all of your credits.  In order to issue a degree, most schools require that you obtain a minimum number of credits with them (usually 60, sometimes less).  It is typical that you cannot get a degree if your GPA is below 2.0 so this isn't something particular to this school.  Your options are clear - you just need to determine whether you can make it work. 

• drip

No college would accept you with a GPA under 2.0. Get a job,.

Everyone is looking for seasonal workers. You can make that money before next semester.

• William1 month agoReport

I already work as a HR manager, Just was exhausting my options

• Greg

You are stuck. You cannot transfer all your credits to another school and get a degree. You needed to quit or fix your GPA a couple of years ago. How could you be that out of touch.

so retake one of the classes you got a D or an F in

Wow, a GPA of 1.97, u dun gud uzin all dem big wordz.

What a disaster if colleges handed out degrees to idiots who clearly haven't understood the course work.