Phil asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Who was the most honest and non corrupt US president in the past 100 years.?

And cared about people as people not just voters.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

It's important to always bear in mind that in general, with very few exceptions, people do not get into politics because they care about their fellow citizens.  Some of them are better at making it look like they do care than others.  It's the same for presidents.  

To me, corrupt doesn't mean having mistresses, harboring racist beliefs, playing golf on company time or eating too many cheeseburgers.  It means using the office to enrich themselves, family and friends. By my definition very few presidents in the past 100 years were corrupt.  

I agree with those respondents who cited Jimmy Carter.  He was the real deal and when he left office, only then did he learn that his private business has been mismanaged.  Harry Truman left office so broke that Congress instituted the presidential pension.  

I also like Calvin Coolidge.  He was honest and he did not talk too much.

• tw3
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Harry Truman. He also dealt with bad press.

• 1 month ago

Harry truman was a Racist he agreed with FDR Eisenhower that No African American will NEVER be awarded the Medal of Honour for anything they did in WW2 But Bill Clinton saw that was Wrong and Racist and presented medals to all those that deserved it

• Athena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How can you be a politician and care about people as people?

As for honest, I would say Harry Truman.

Dishonest, I would have to go with Bill Clinton.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Harry truman was a Racist he agreed with FDR Eisenhower that No African American will NEVER be awarded the Medal of Honour for anything they did in WW2 But Bill Clinton saw that was Wrong and Racist and presented medals to all those that deserved it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Franklin Delano Roosevelt (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often referred to by the initials FDR, was an American statesman and political leader who served as the 32nd president of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945. A member of the Democratic Party, he won a record four presidential elections and became a central figure in world events during the first half of the 20th century. Roosevelt directed the federal government during most of the Great Depression, implementing his New Deal domestic agenda in response to the worst economic crisis in U.S. history. As a dominant leader of his party, he built the New Deal Coalition, which realigned American politics into the Fifth Party System and defined American liberalism throughout the middle third of the 20th century. His third and fourth terms were dominated by World War II, which ended shortly after he died in office. He is rated by scholars as one of the three greatest U.S. presidents, along with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

President Obama for sure.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most likely Dwight D. Eisenhower,

• armouror
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

• 1 month ago

Trump - honest

Obama - corrupt

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Definitely Jimmy Carter.

• 1 month ago

I think Jimmy Carter was the most honest president we've ever had.  And the most conscientious, not to mention the most genuine Christian.  No wonder nobody likes him.  8^)

• 1 month ago

Jimmy Carter. The biggest controversy at that time was his brother promoting beer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.