Idea for Geology Research Topic?

I need a geology topic to do a research paper on. It has to be about a specific event that happened anywhere around the world that affected geology.

Some examples that other classmates are doing; the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, Fukushima, Houston flooding etc.

I am having a hard time finding something specific. any help is appreciated! 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about specifically what happened with God divided the land He had made?

Fallen angels originally had bodies of their own. They made love to the daughters of men and had children by them. These half-breeds were known as the Nephilim. They were giants. Heroes. Men of renown. People sacrifed their children to them at places like Stonehenge. They were pure evil... a good part of the reason why God flooded the world.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago.

One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel.

"Nothing will be impossible for them." God said...

So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land. Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine? Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it. What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them.

They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them.

The Chinese word for 'boat' contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark. There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world (230 at last count).

The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

Go to Google earth and search 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there. Then Google 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.

Then Google 'POLYSTRATE fossils'....

Trees that were buried upright during the flood.

Minerals entered the tissues of plants and animals after burial in mud; under the forces of extreme pressure - everything fossilized and became stone.

The only reason why fossils even exist is because of the worldwide flood.

• Atarah Derek
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It has to be a specific GEOLOGICAL event. The Tower of Babel is not a geological event.

• 1 month ago

-The Cascadia earthquake and tsunami of January 26, 1700 (especially relevant if you happen to be in the Pacific northwest)

-The Lisbon earthquake and tsunami of 1755

-The Lituya Bay tsunami of 1958 (highest in the world with a runup of 1,722 feet)

-The 1815 eruption of Mount Tambora and the subsequent Year Without a Summer

• 1 month ago

Here's one your classmates probably won't pick. The eruption of El Chichon volcano in Mexico. I'm recommending it because my team published a paper in the Journal of Climate in 1994 or 1995 on "Radiative forcing of the stratosphere" connected with El Chichon's eruption. Our goal was to determine the short-term or long-term effects on the atmosphere of (a) the SO2 gas from the volcano, (b) the H2SO4 that later forms from the SO2 gas, and (c) the volcanic ash particles. Probably you will find many papers on the geologic effects

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

the 1 inch thick extinction layer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.