Is via application process compromised because of my medical conditions?

I'm from Italy and I may be hired to work as waiter in Florida. Nine years ago I suffered of epilepsy and since then I take a prescribed drug twice a day. That was the last time I had an epileptic attack. I already worked in United State as waiter but this time a medical exam is required. Does the fact I take medicine compromise my application even if I don't have seizures anymore?

• Foofa

In the US the Americans with Disabilities Act makes it illegal to deny employment to someone because of a chronic medical condition like this.

I wouldn't think there'd be any issues with epilepsy. It's not like it's contagious or would pose a threat to people. It might be an issue if you were going to attempt to get a drivers license though. They may also have a concern that you have a serious health issue and don't want to let you in because you'd show up in the emergency room and then spend a whole bunch of time in the hospital draining health care funds.

I wouldn't sweat over it too much, unless they find something that you're not aware of yet.

if youre not getting seizures i dont see why they wouldnt let you work