Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 month ago

Will Lotus go out of business before I can buy one?

I really love the Lotus Evora mainly because it’s parts are fairly simple. The engine is a Toyota Camry engine which means it’s reliable while having an awesome sports look. Toyotas run in the family and I own a Toyota Corolla right now for my first car and I love it. I’m short also so the Evora is a small car which I feel suits me. So, I know one of their cars is banned in the U.S because it’s speedometer goes past the legal limits in the U.S but sounds like they only have one other model (Evora) for sale and I never see any around. I’m 18, girl, and should I expect them to go out of business before I have time to buy one? (If I can afford...) What do you guys think? 

Best Answer

Not many people can afford the insurance for such a vehicle much less the $95,000 (minimum) to buy the car itself, so I think it's safe to say that it will be long out of production before you are in a position to purchase a new one, if ever.

i would hope not

What does it matter?They're not going to vanish into dust if the company goes under.