Anonymous

Is it bad that I'm 23 and haven't been to college yet?

The lights come on at different times for us all. You just have to hope that they do come on sometime.

Not necessarily. But if you still want to go, then you should simply apply for it. College isn't for everyone and not everyone can do well in college/university. Some people prefer to get certificates after getting hands-on-training in a short amount of time and they jump straight into the workforce, it all depends on what kind of job you want to work on after you complete the academic program. Most decent jobs require at least a college degree nowadays. Some of them even require Master's degrees or above. College provides academic resources and an opportunity to receive higher education. Don't get discouraged by your age, there are many older adults than you who attend colleges, so don't be afraid.

Not necessarily. Everyone has their own career path, their own goals and aspirations, and their own meaning of success. If you want a job or career that doesn't require a college degree and are fulfilling the right requirements that you need to achieve that, then it's fine that you haven't been to college. If you are still not 100% about what you want to do and are still testing the waters, it's fine that you haven't been to college yet. Maybe you want to go to college but had personal issues that prevented you from going sooner, and that is okay too. Either way, you should not care so much about the age that you attend college. There are many people who attend college much later than 23, so don't worry. Just focus on doing what you need to be successful, whether it involves college or not.

I am over 80 and i have never wanted to go to University I wanted a real Job

It depends what you want out of life. College will usually help you get a useful skill that will enable you to make a good living wage.

i dont think so

• Mercy

No.  I started at 20, took 8 years as I worked all day and went to school at night. 

I got you beat by almost 40 years. Life's been good to me.

• .

Not necessarily. It depends on your situation. For example, lots of military veterans start college/university in their twenties.

you need to go to collage