So I'm turning 15 next year I make a decent amount of money online through my business and I want my parents to find out without getting mad?

I have my own legal business, but my parents just won't let me make money as they say they provide everything for us but I know myself I can help with bills etc, I'm to scared to tell them and I'd have to hide everything I buy with my money. I plan to be a business owner when I am older and one-time my dad got suspicious, and he came upto me like "don't get in part of any money-making" my parents just really are not well educated with the internet and believe everything about the risks etc. Please I really need help, should I just stop?

Tell them to f*** off

The age for legal status is 18.

Plan on real business for then. What if something serious comes up that you can't deal with because you have no personal legal power? Practice and play around with it now, but don't pin any hopes on it, don't get gray hair over it. I don't even think you, at 15, can walk into a bank and open an account.

No, you don't have a legal business. You can't enter into legal transactions until you're at least 18 (depending on which state you live in).

That doesn't mean you can't get away with it.

If you really want to be a "business owner," you'd better grow a set and realize you should deal with your parents directly instead of going through a bunch of clueless anonymous Yahoos. Dealing with your parents is exactly like what you'll be dealing with years from now if you are successful in business. Don't jump on Google or Yahoo when you have an issue come up.

Your parents are an obstacle. Turn them into an asset.

• John

Judging from your story (if true, which I suspect) I would be nervous that your parents would take (yeah, steal) your money if you do that. Sorry, it's just my gut feeling.

maybe you should wait till youre 18 to do all that

• Judy

Tell them you'd like to start a college fund for yourself, and put a significant part of your income in the fund. bhw are you filing and paying tax on your income? If not, you are setting yourself up for a lot of trouble in the future.. What kind of business are you into? How much do you make?

Are you filing all the correct tax returns?   

Are you using a Paypal account?  

I suggest you stop worrying about your parents being and mad and start worrying about whether you've committed tax evasion and fraud.

You do know you have to file income tax return if you make a certain amount of money right? Your parents may have problems with their taxes due to this. It could mess them up if they claim you (which they do since you are a minor).. they could end up claiming you & getting a refund & then they would owe it back with penalties & interest. You need to tell them now.

'cause you're criminal as long as your mine

Your own business dealing with the law...or your own business doing something which is not illegal?

Are you on youtube or whatever? What kind of money are we discussing here? If a few bucks, yeah, don't piss off your parents. However, there are kids who earn millions online...very very rare, but it happens.

Do you actually have a business or are people just paying you for something? There is a difference.

Who is paying you and why?

• steven4 weeks agoReport

Yes I basically own a site and advertisment companies pay me, I just buy advertisments through youtube and other social platforms