Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How do you deal with a depression?

My dad just died and he spent about 40 days in a hospital. Our family spent $50,000 for the hospital bills.

Not just that, I think my family is weird and mental and they treat me like sh1t. it really depressed me having a sh1tty family like this.

I tried to remember the last time I had a happy moment and I couldnt remember anything.

How do you deal with this depression?

Try meditation and relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation. Visit a good counselor. This may help youto come out of depression.

I find that the best way to deal with depression is having sexual intercourse.

I am also sorry about your father. If I could make a suggestion it would be this. Look at YouTube videos, go on the Internet, read books or whatever you need to to find out everything you can about fasting. It has been used in other countries to treat depression and other types of emotional health issues very successfully but is fairly unknown here. It resets the brain’s neurotransmitters and basically helps with elevating the mood, and eliminating anxiety and many other things. I would highly recommend it. I think I’m going to start doing it again myself I used to do it. I went 27 days on a juice fast years ago. It was a deeply healing experience Both physically and spiritually. If you’re going to do it I’ll make sure you know enough about it to do it safely. Coming off of a fast is actually the most crucial part. You have to be careful with that part of it. But it’s do-able. I didn’t do it under medical supervision myself, I just read up on it and did it.

I’m sorry about your father. That is very sad.

Even though your family isn’t what you would like them to be, there are things you can do to make the situation better. When you are depressed, it is easy to focus just on yourself and how you feel. The secret to happiness, though, is to put other people’s interests ahead of your own. Some of the wisest words ever spoken are, “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” If you find kind things to do for your family members, it will make you feel better as well as them. They are suffering also. If you try to focus on the good in your family members and do what you can to be nice to them, you will be happier and it could be the first step towards having a happier family for all of you.

Source(s): The Bible Acts 20:35 “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” Philippians 2:4 “Look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others.”

There's a really good book - Authoritative Guide to Self-Help, which ranks lots of different books based on polls of more than 3,000 mental health professionals. In the chapter on grief, it gives its highest rating to How to Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies.

Treatment for depression usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. Details here, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS -

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

i'm sorry for ur loss of ur dad.

u should tell CPS about how ur family treats u.

do u have close friend or someone who cares about u u can talk to or hang out with?

• LAN

By focusing on the positive and not dwelling on the negative. There is nothing so negative that it should be considered over whelming.

If your family is that toxic then stop associating with them. Don't make your problems seem worse by imagining you have to do things that you don't really need to.