How do you set up WiFi in your room?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I actually have several options.

If I don't want to connect  to the internet, I just fire up one of my Raspis or ESPs. Pretty pointless in most cases, although they do permit me to e.g. get the temperature and humidity from my greenhouse (ok, that's not, strictly speaking, "in my room").

If I do want to connect to the internet, well

- I can use the Wifi access point in the router I got from my ISP. I don't, though, as that one is downstairs, old, slow and unfiltered

- I usually use the access point in my private router, as that one has the DNS filtered through a PiHole, so a lot of advertising is already rerouted to nirwana

- I also could simply enable the access point in my phone

- and finally I could fire up the small 4G access point I was recently given from my ISP when they changed ownership

- of course, I could also try to hack into any of the surrounding access points. Illegal and pretty much pointless, but still thinkable. Probably better to just walk over to the neighbours and ask.

Point is, it depends. Since you didn't tell us anything except that you expect it to be in your room, I can't help you any further.

• Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

with a router connected to your internet service.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

WIFI comes from a ROUTER. You need to Purchase a WIFI Router and connect it to your Internet MODEM.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

a friend helped me set it up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You need a router. If you already have one, connect your devices to the WiFi. WiFi is not a room-by-room thing. One router is all you need for a whole house.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Follow the instructions you find when you google it on the net.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.