Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Are other Americans offended by arrogant immigrant who call us lazy?

I have been looking for employment for a long time. I live in a a very international city. Some immigrants I know are calling me lazy because I am not employed. They don't understand that many of the jobs were given to them first. I know that I will be gainfully employed soon.

if you live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (DMV) you can relate that the immigrants have many of the GREAT jobs that Americans want.

• RICK

No immigrant was given a job just because they were imjigrants

You must be racist prick to have that attitude

• RICK
      4 weeks agoReport

I hsve lived in 7 states and DC
      My answer stands

You could not have gotten any of the jobs that were given to them. Jobs are not given to immigrants "first". Jobs are given to immigrants only as a last resort, when the employer discovers that they can't stay in business employing only U.S. citizens, so they have to hire immigrants, move to another country, or close down.

And one of the reasons that it is hard to find jobs is because employers have had to move to other countries or close down, because they didn't hire immigrants to be able to stay in business in the U.S.

• Until you live in certain areas of the US, you cant' answer this question correctly. So what do you have to say about Miami, Florida and the DMV area?

You are not an American.

You have never been to America.

It is unlikely you ever will be to America.

Soooooo, where do the "other Americans" and the "us" in your rant/question come from?

Being an immigrant myself, I have no idea how you would know who is an immigrant and who is not. At least here in California, immigrants do not have any specific marks on their clothing, like, say, the Jews had it in Nazi Germany. So do these people who are calling you lazy start their sentence with "I'm an immigrant and you are lazy!" or are those people in your close circle of friends and family?

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
    • Until you live in certain areas of the US, you cant' answer this question correctly.

i would think theyd be offended by that too

Don't know why you should be.............at least you weren't called "FAT and lazy"!

Perhaps they were trying to be nice

Source(s): Brit

If they singled me out and called me lazy I would be offended but if they said Americans as a whole maybe not. You have to understand some of them are from countries that darn near had slave labor and may have had slave labor and they had to work hard under deplorable conditions so Americans may seem lazy to them.

• Troy

Lazy is an insult and people are offended by insults whether or not the insult is true. I would suggest taking one of the jobs that you are overqualified for, of which there are a great many available, and work while looking for a better opportunity.

• Most of the jobs immigrants hold are jobs that Americans can have. They control the medical industry, hospitality industry, and other industries that Americans want.