Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

How does the film "Apocalypse Now" modernize themes from the novel "Heart of Darkness"?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Zac Z
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Do you know ANYTHING about these two works?

HoD, written toward the very end of the 19th century, is set in Belgian Congo; AN is set in 1969s Vietnam during the Vietnam War.

I read the novella and watched the movie but you could've gotten this information from the opening Wikipedia article on AN.

I'm not going to say any more as I agree with Anon's answer.

AN has a running time of 2½ hours; you might need a couple of hours to read HoD.

If you're assignment is due before the end of the week, tough love; you might be able to make but you'll really have to hurry up. If it's due next week you'll have the entire weekend.

In any case, get off the internet, switch off your computer or your smartphone, drag your lazy aѕѕ to your desk/armchair/couch or wherever you do your reading and start with Conrad's text. It's boring, yes, but can be done. Watching AN will be your reward. While you're watching, have a notepad ready and take notes whenever you see or hear something that is reminiscent of Conrad's text. That'll help when you write up your assignment.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its YOUR schoolwork assignment so your teacher expects YOUR answer, not ours. If you don't have time to read the novel and watch the film then you either had better learn to budget your time better, or hire somebody to complete your assignment for you. If your time is up, be prepared to fail. In the real world of working people, when you get there, if you don't do the work that is expected of you your job will be in serious jeopardy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.