Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 4 weeks ago

Moving to Ireland?

I’m from England and thinking of moving to Ireland.. what do I need to do before moving? Me and my family will only be taking clothes and stuff. (Nothing big) 

How much roughly should I be saving to move and also last me while looking for work.. which areas are cheapest to live? Etc etc .. thanks 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You need to get jobs before you move, otherwise you will find it difficult to impossible to rent a property...... and renting is much more expensive so you will need enough money to be able to put down a deposit and 1s months rent before you get the keys ad at least 2-3 months money for rent and supporting yourselves

• 4 weeks ago

Depends where you're thinking of moving to in Ireland. (I presume you've planned slightly more than 'Ireland'?)

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Can see a problem in getting a decent job, to even make ends meet. Don't forget the Brexit factor.

• Galway city is somewhat cheap . Dublin too but north side area. The south side is expensive and posh. I’d say save a couple thousand . If your bringing your family understand that Irish are catty when either an Englishman moves in or a yank.

Also id stay out of the north as there’s still bad feelings and animosity towards the English there as well as violence

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.