Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

Is having dozen of real jewelry that you NEVER wear a waste?

When I started to wear jewelry as I teenager, I used to love these tiny colored pendants in silver, but now more than a decade later, I rarely wear them (prefer chunky and large scaled style) unless they were gifts or very embellished styles, and over time collected about 20 of them now.

While I tends to shop a lot, I have the wardrobe dilemma where you can't let them go, because of the waste of money, but unlike you clothes, you can't exactly grow out of them and they are also classic styles in real metallic, they didn't cost a fortune but good quality. They look like this one, but in different stones and shapes:

https://www.chanti.se/pictBig/1/103804-0.jpg

so I debating whether to give them away, because one of my aunts love these type of jewelry.

Thoughts?

• Kaz
    Best Answer

Jewelry doesn't take up a lot of room - so I'd keep them. Buy another jewelry box or organizer for them, and perhaps someday (10 or 20 years) you'll appreciate them again. However, if you don't care for them, and really don't want to keep them - I'd give them to your aunt.

I have way too much jewelry too, but I love (from time to time) to go through it and rediscover pieces I'd forgotten about and then wear them again.

When my mom died, I went through her jewelry, picked the pieces I wanted, then asked my sister in law if there was anything she wanted. After that, I made "goody" bags for each of the granddaughters - each of them must have gotten twenty pieces (a mixture of necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings). They were so thrilled to have a piece of their "gran" and they love to wear them. (Oh, and to be fair... My only nephew got his grandfathers watches and signet rings).

yes kind of..........................

I personally think you’d be crazy to give such a classic style away. That style will look good with almost anything you wear unlike chunky over embellished styles . Hang on to it even just for special events when you’re wearing a classy dress and need and understated piece of jewellery to go with it. You never know how much you may need it until it’s gone.

• drip

I would hang on to them. They are classic. I have some pieces of jewelry I have had for over 40 years. I find myself wearing them more now.

Giving them to aunt would be a good choice if you don’t want to hang on to them.

You know I love u more of u