Would this question make you realize how old you are. My 18 year old son asked me to show him how my old cassette tape recorder works?

• don r

Just a couple of years ago, I was explaining to a college student how vaccuum tubes work after he got his hands on an old Capehart-Farnsworth TV. I'm not even 70 yet, but creeping up on it. Old tech can still fascinate.

There is an up-front remedy for such situations. 

Simply use all the stuff you have 

so that the kids grow up knowing what it is and what it does.   

(Then they can surprise their friends who Don't know!) 

• Mark

How about this - I had to show my daughter (16) how to use the shift key on a desktop keyboard. She kept just touching it then pressing the key, rather than holding it down. That's how it works on an iPad, not a conventional keyboard.

• marty

That wouldn't make me worry about how old I am. It's when my 15 year old granddaughter asks questions about what her mom was like when she was young that makes me feel old. Plus when we ride horses together I get off sore while she want to ride more.

• Mmm J

Old? So I'm riding my 2 year old grandson on my shoulders and after about an hour, I want to put him down so he can walk and he asks, "Why?"

Well, could you show him?

While we're on the "I'm so old..." kick; old is when the grand daughter you used to bath as a baby in a sink, graduates from college and takes a job. Oh...my aching bones.