Would this question make you realize how old you are. My 18 year old son asked me to show him how my old cassette tape recorder works?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • don r
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Just a couple of years ago, I was explaining to a college student how vaccuum tubes work after he got his hands on an old Capehart-Farnsworth TV. I'm not even 70 yet, but creeping up on it. Old tech can still fascinate.

• 4 weeks ago

There is an up-front remedy for such situations. 

Simply use all the stuff you have 

so that the kids grow up knowing what it is and what it does.   

(Then they can surprise their friends who Don't know!) 

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

How about this - I had to show my daughter (16) how to use the shift key on a desktop keyboard. She kept just touching it then pressing the key, rather than holding it down. That's how it works on an iPad, not a conventional keyboard.

• marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That wouldn't make me worry about how old I am. It's when my 15 year old granddaughter asks questions about what her mom was like when she was young that makes me feel old. Plus when we ride horses together I get off sore while she want to ride more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mmm J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Old? So I'm riding my 2 year old grandson on my shoulders and after about an hour, I want to put him down so he can walk and he asks, "Why?"

• 1 month ago

Well, could you show him?

While we're on the "I'm so old..." kick; old is when the grand daughter you used to bath as a baby in a sink, graduates from college and takes a job. Oh...my aching bones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.