Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

(alternative history) Hypothetical religious scenario, please give a thoughtful, detailed answer?

Please explain in as much detail as you can what an alternative history scenario would be like from 700ce to present if all Europe had fallen to the Umayyd Caliphate and Europeans had converted to Islam in the 8th century.

Please give a thoughtful and detailed outline of an alternate history.  Thank you.

Dang it.  This wasn't homework, I was just curious to see what other people's ideas were on the issue.  But I guess I will never know.  :(

• Davros
    Favorite Answer

I don't think the modern world would look much different. The only difference is that it  would be Islam that was the liberalised, reformed and many times splintered traditional belief slowly dying around us. We'd have female Imams, gay Imams, happy-clappy mosques, Islamic rock bands etc. 

Remember, Christianity is not a European belief either. It was just one more import of Middle Eastern mysticism that was pushed on the locals a few hundred years earlier than Islam. Until the latter days of the Roman Empire most European peoples had chuntered along under the Romans with their own traditional pagan beliefs. Many Europeans, especially in the North had Christianity pushed on them at sword point. The Lithuanians were only finally bullied into it as late as the 14th century.

Also note that medieval Cordoba in Spain under the Ummayads had clean water, sanitation, street lights, banks, schools, hospitals and a postal service whilst London and Paris were filthy hovels ruled over by Feudal thugs. It was hardly as if Charles Martel had saved civilisation, only Christendom.

Christianity as it is now is a product of European revision to create something useful to historical European political orders. Islam would have gone through exactly the same re-engineering in its stead.

lts blank.Theres no historical scene.

That sounds just like a homework question. Do your own homework IF IT IS and stop cheating.

• Thanks for the invitation to use critical thinking skills however I feel I'm wasting my breath much of the time.

I see you're new here - Yahoo Answers is not the place to come for 'thoughtful' or 'detailed' answers. That's particularly true of R&S.

And I should know, as I give very little thought to anything I post here.

It is an interesting scenario though.

You might be shouted at soon by one of the local loons... THIS IS NOT WHAT IFS...TIRH

no thanks...do your own homework...THIS IS FOR QUESTIONS NOT DEMANDS....

Europe would be an Islamic shyt hole with shariah law... Happy?

Good that arabs suck in battle next to European manly men, you arabs dont have shyt on us macho Europeans.