I got a tattoo today and it was hours after I got it that I realized I'm on antibiotics and it might affect it. What should I do?

My friend offered to give me a tattoo as a birthday present and I excitedly said yes. I completely forgot to mention to her that I was on antibiotics (not for a contagious illness otherwise I would have said no). I've already gotten the tattoo, so I'm trying to work out whether this is going to be an issue with the tattoo healing and what I can do?

There's nothing you can do at this stage. Just keep it clean as advised, and be aware it may take longer to heal than expected.

You have bigger problems from simply getting the tat. Like u could be infected with AIDS

• keerok

The antibiotics should actually help prevent infection of the tattooed skin.

• Vicki

It just might make it harder for the tattoo to heal based off of what I just read. But generally it seems to not have much affect. Can mess with the pigment a little, but nothing too bad.

• Brian

Sorry, you're toast.

You're fine. They only care about someone being on blood thinners. If you're overly concerned, just keep it clean, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

• kelvin

keep taking them and look after it