Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Wheezing? Will you guys help me figure this out?

I noticed yesterday that my chest wheezed when I laughed really hard. I was surprised so later I went and I laid down and coughed and after every couple of coughs I heard a wheeze. I was at the doctor for a physical about 2 months ago and they listened to my heart and lungs and said I was all good. A month before that, I was at the ER for nothing breathing related, but they took my oxygen and I was at a 100%. I’m also 18 and regularly run and exercise with no breathing problems. I have no urge to cough and I’m not sick at all. I’ve never had asthma before either. So, what do you guys think?

Best Answer

I have a similar situation . . . get a check-up twice a year - sometimes I'm clear as a bell, sometimes my doc in concerned about wheezing and congestion. He sent me in for chest x-ray twice in a year and they show nothing, zero, all clear. Most likely possibility: some unidentified allergy that is triggering excess mucus production.

Like you, I can exercise, run for miles etc and have no trouble . . . . then the wheezing can start for reasons unknown - when I'm sleeping, any little extra exertion or for no reason at all it just comes on suddenly and my chest feels totally "full". Next step will be sensitivity tests - we don't know if it's food, pollen, mold/mildew . . . many possibilities.

• Clive

What does this have to do with finance?

Sometimes you get some phlegm (a.k.a. snot) in your system, and it gets stuck for a while. It will go away, and it is probably nothing.

I get this every once in a while. If you want, you can try to cough it up and either spit it out or swallow it.

• In

Allergy induced asthma. It is ragweed season in most of the northern hemisphere.

Maybe an allergy. there are several sources that can cause this type of problem. Pillows filled with feathers is one.

Could just be a cold or bronchitis, I think when I had bornchitis it took 6 months to fully go away.

• Tavy

Nasal drip going down your throat, hence wheezing.

• Jamey

You probably have cold. You don't necessarily have to feel ill to have one.

Meh. What is the name of the wheezing

You should have stopped smoking long ago