Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Wheezing? Will you guys help me figure this out?

I noticed yesterday that my chest wheezed when I laughed really hard. I was surprised so later I went and I laid down and coughed and after every couple of coughs I heard a wheeze. I was at the doctor for a physical about 2 months ago and they listened to my heart and lungs and said I was all good. A month before that, I was at the ER for nothing breathing related, but they took my oxygen and I was at a 100%. I’m also 18 and regularly run and exercise with no breathing problems. I have no urge to cough and I’m not sick at all. I’ve never had asthma before either. So, what do you guys think?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

I have a similar situation . . . get a check-up twice a year - sometimes I'm clear as a bell, sometimes my doc in concerned about wheezing and congestion. He sent me in for chest x-ray twice in a year and they show nothing, zero, all clear. Most likely possibility: some unidentified allergy that is triggering excess mucus production.

Like you, I can exercise, run for miles etc and have no trouble . . . . then the wheezing can start for reasons unknown - when I'm sleeping, any little extra exertion or for no reason at all it just comes on suddenly and my chest feels totally "full". Next step will be sensitivity tests - we don't know if it's food, pollen, mold/mildew . . . many possibilities.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What does this have to do with finance?

• 1 month ago

Sometimes you get some phlegm (a.k.a. snot) in your system, and it gets stuck for a while. It will go away, and it is probably nothing.

I get this every once in a while. If you want, you can try to cough it up and either spit it out or swallow it.

• In
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Allergy induced asthma. It is ragweed season in most of the northern hemisphere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe an allergy. there are several sources that can cause this type of problem. Pillows filled with feathers is one.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Could just be a cold or bronchitis, I think when I had bornchitis it took 6 months to fully go away.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nasal drip going down your throat, hence wheezing.

• Jamey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You probably have cold. You don't necessarily have to feel ill to have one.

• 1 month ago

Meh. What is the name of the wheezing

• 1 month ago

You should have stopped smoking long ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.