JonZ
Lv 7
JonZ asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Do you think Queen Elizabeth II wants to retire or does she want to die wearing the crown?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

She seems to be very happy with what she is doing, so she might as well carry on. The Crown is too heavy now, she is wearing a lighter crown.

• dj
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

It is unlikely that she would literally die wearing the crown. The ambulance guys would remove to safe keeping.

• 1 month ago

she fears charles being king

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She is happy to continue to fulfill her vow to continue to serve as Queen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

How many times does she have to say 'my life ..... whether it be short or long'. There is NO chance of her abdicating. If she loses her marbles, she may have to have a regent.

Whether or not she'd love to retire, I have no idea.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

British monarchs do not retire; they see the job as a job for life. Elizabeth intends to carry out her promise to serve all the days of her life.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Monarchs in the UK do not 'retire'.

When they die, the crown passes to their successor and not before.

Her Majesty is gradually handing over her duties to Prince Charles (and some to Princes William and Harry) now that she's getting elderly.

But she'll be the Queen until her death - although she won't literally be wearing any crown at all, of course.

• 1 month ago

Hard to tell but monarch do not "retire". She would have to relinquish the throne, much like her Uncle did back in the 1930's .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She died YEARS ago. She’s actually a white walker.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

She will not give up the crown until she's cold, but she seems to prefer a lighter one these days.

• 1 month ago

Probably retire at some point, but I can see her going down with it as well. If she does retire, hopefully she'll hand it over to William instead of Charles.

• Undisclosed
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I am aware the queen must abide by the rules; I just went with what "royal experts" have been saying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.