What kind of medical conditions prevent you from joining the armed forces?

Update:

I wanted to join the air force when I was in my early 20s, but was told that because I have epilepsy I’m not allowed to join.😕.

Are there any other medical conditions that prevent someone from joining? If so then what are they? (Besides epilepsy)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

the list is endless.   less than 30% of all US citizens and legal residents between the ages of 18-34 actually qualify to enlist.  

• 4 weeks ago

Jdkdekeoekkeoeoekskww

• 4 weeks ago

You can google it but basically any condition that needs ongoing medical attention and care. Such as diabetes. If you need a medicine on a daily basis or your die, then you are not going to get in.

• 4 weeks ago

I inquired about joining the Air Force once.........and was told I was 4-F because I had gall bladder surgery.

So I walked right over to the Navy Recruiter, and asked him, if not having a gall bladder was a problem.

He said NOPE...............and I signed on the spot.

• Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Oh, okay.......Michaela........because YOU were there, right? Right.........I don't know my own history........oh, okay. If you say so- *heavy eye roll*

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Being too stupid to use an Internet search engine is one of them.

• 4 weeks ago

Ninefingah stolen valor syndrome. lol

• Robin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

nothing as i did 22 years in the army

• Stan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's a long list, and you could have one on that list that you didn't now you had. If there's a war though NO PROBLEM.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Everything in Chapter 2 of this publication (for the US)

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/w...

• sam
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Bone spur....... And being scared

• armouror
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

these never served John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William H. Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert C. Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, William J. Clinton and Barack H. Obama.  so Trump is in Great company

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.