What kind of medical conditions prevent you from joining the armed forces?

I wanted to join the air force when I was in my early 20s, but was told that because I have epilepsy I’m not allowed to join.😕.

Are there any other medical conditions that prevent someone from joining? If so then what are they? (Besides epilepsy)

• Mrsjvb
    Best Answer

the list is endless.   less than 30% of all US citizens and legal residents between the ages of 18-34 actually qualify to enlist.  

Jdkdekeoekkeoeoekskww

You can google it but basically any condition that needs ongoing medical attention and care. Such as diabetes. If you need a medicine on a daily basis or your die, then you are not going to get in.

I inquired about joining the Air Force once.........and was told I was 4-F because I had gall bladder surgery.

So I walked right over to the Navy Recruiter, and asked him, if not having a gall bladder was a problem.

He said NOPE...............and I signed on the spot.

• Weasel McWeasel
      4 weeks agoReport

Oh, okay.......Michaela........because YOU were there, right? Right.........I don't know my own history........oh, okay. If you say so- *heavy eye roll*

Being too stupid to use an Internet search engine is one of them.

Ninefingah stolen valor syndrome. lol

• Robin

nothing as i did 22 years in the army

• Stan

It's a long list, and you could have one on that list that you didn't now you had. If there's a war though NO PROBLEM.

• Daniel

Everything in Chapter 2 of this publication (for the US)

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/w...

• sam

Bone spur....... And being scared

• armouror
      4 weeks agoReport

these never served John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William H. Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert C. Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, William J. Clinton and Barack H. Obama.  so Trump is in Great company