My friend doesn’t want to work with minorities?

I took a family friend into stay in my house because they’re going through hard times financially. She’s 24 in community college and still plugging away at it. I told her she can stay at my house if she gets a job. I came into the house this evening to find her crying hysterically saying it’s so hard for her to find a job. She needs a minimum wage low skill job and she said it’s all black and Spanish people who work those. Whenever I work with black and Spanish I feel victimized bexause they don’t like me because I’m white and they mock or harass me or don’t pay me or treat me with respect or see eye to eye with me and are mean and pushy and don’t like being around them. She’s white and Irish and says she wishes she could get a job with her own people in Irish bars and maybe avoid working with them but she gained a lot of weight and don’t think the Irish will hire her. She says she’s do anything to avoid working with blacks after bad experiences, she doesn’t like there mindset. She hates having to work minimum wage job and thinks Iran unfair cause she’s 24 and white and feels victimized. And everyone hires the blacks and Spanish but it sucks when you need the money and your white. She wants to work with only white people and get treated fairly. I said that you have to complete your education to work with more educated people and she cried and said she can’t tske the abuse from them for being white. What does she do? And how can I help?

Best Answer

Sounds like she's making excuses for her laziness.

I worked with a white Irish girl before, redhead with Irish tattoos and all, in a place that was mostly non-white. It was an entry level job but all the non-white males and females employees treated her with respect, more or less. Actually the only person who hated her was ironically another white girl, blonde and blue eyed.

Your friend should stop playing the victim and just suck it up because 9 out of 10 times, Whites tend to mock, harass, are mean and pushy, don't pay minorities or treat them with respect. We all have to work with people we don't like, it's called being mature. If your friend doesn't want to be around POC, then she could just find another job

Spain is located in Europe, Latina is different place also located in Europe. Real Spanish and Latin people are Europeans.

But my real thought is, Who doesn't make fun of the Irish?

Tell her to learn some Roman Latin and say she's Roman Catholic, that'll help smooth things over with the (Mexican) Mesoamerican Indios anyway.

As if white people are always nice coworkers. I've worked with them for several years and most of them were nasty. I wondered whether non-whites are somewhat better (I know they aren't, but I like to fantasize). Your friend is full of sh*t. Bad and good people come in all colors and speak any language. I think she's just making excuses to cover up the fact that she's scared of working and/or lazy.

• Logan

You can tell her to get over herself and get a job. She needs the money, she needs to be able to pay her own way. Don't let her coast by with you because she's whiney and won't pull herself together and do what everyone else has to do to get by.

And that's work shitty jobs because we're not qualified enough to get good ones. Put up with unpleasant people because you're always going to be working with someone you don't like and someone who doesn't like you.

Black women are hired because they look like butchers, white girls look like bosses's daughters.

Tell her that black women have butcher faces so she should be grateful because she's not black.

• Cogito

Your friend is probably giving off a really hostile vibe to people!

If she needs a job, she'll just have to find anything she's able to get and suck it up.

If she's friendly and can stop being so racist and prejudiced, I'm sure she'll do fine.