Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

I don't like toddlers?

Nor their parents. Let me put this straight, I like some kids, maybe the ones older than 5. I do find them kind of cute and get super protective of them and find them super adorable. But less than 5 years old, I can't stand them. I don't find them cute or adorable in any way. I just feel annoyed. Don't worry, I'm obviously very nicr to them but I'd rather avoid them. Why does this happen? I also hate parents that just stare at you waiting for a reaction, a compliment, whatever about their baby and get mad if you don't shower them with compliments or bow to their kid. Ugh. I think I dislike the parents way more. But anyway, back on track, why do I feel annoyed by toddlers and what should I do to not feel so much like that anymore? Has this happened to you?

• Linda

It hasn't happened to me because I love small children. You probably find the crying and temper tantrums that young children can throw annoying. Try to remember that crying and tantrums are just stages and try to find something that you can enjoy about them like their sweet smiles and adorable giggles.

• Foofa

A lot of people have trouble connecting with preverbal children and some parents of same can be irritating. As long as you can be polite and never plan to have any children of your own this is all fine.

• Kelly

That's pretty normal, especially if you do not have kids. I do have kids and they really aren't any reasonable amount of fun until 8+, when they're more independent and becoming self sufficient.

• nalla

wow someone like me thankyou

• Cara

You don't need to do anything except be grateful you don't need to be around them much. Continue to be polite and reasonable, and that's it. Toddlers can be annoying, yes, but just make allowances. They will grow up and improve.