how do I return a fuel pump that is the wrong one I bought it off e bay?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You would have to get in contact with the seller because it is the wrong one.  So you are still looking for the right one, which they may have so the seller has no problem with trading for a different one....if he is a shop.

.  If he is a dude that just had the one pump, then there could be a problem.  He supplied what you asked for...it is not his problem you got the wrong one.  He has your cash so the sale is completed.

.  Now it is up to you to sell it.  Try EBay.

• 1 month ago

I have bought a few parts and other items from ebay, contacting the seller has worked for me and has never been a problem, most sellers will work with you to keep there rating up, and generally are pretty good.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You bought it from a private seller, not a vendor. Before you buy....

• 1 month ago

You contact the seller. You may not be able to return it. eBay allows an 'all sales are final' policy. In fact, from eBay's perspective that is the DEFAULT policy.

• STEPHEN
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

What eBay's policy says doesn't change the law.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Call the vendor for a return authorization.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's a "return item" button somewhere. Assuming the seller accepts returns, just follow the instructions

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Anon: eBay DOES NOT require sellers to accept returns as long as they shipped the item actually ordered. I DEFY you to cite the rule you claim. In your case, the issue was that the item WAS NOT what the listing claimed.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You'll have to work that out with the person you bought it from.

• 1 month ago

You contact the seller and follow directions.

That's why it's easier to just go to Advance Auto to by parts. Their prices are ok and the quality is good.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 1 month ago

If you haven't used it yet, contact the seller for return.

• arther
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

you might be stuck with it the risk of buying parts of ebay maybe ask the seller to if you can return it for the right pump but if you've opened it or put it on the car forget about it

• curtisports2
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Bull. There is no requirement to accept returns, I've been selling on eBay for more than 20 years. If a seller screws up, eBay will protect the buyer, but the buyer buying the wrong part is the buyer's fault. It's up to the seller if they will accept a return.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.