Haleen asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Need help Breeding my Chihuahua?

i do not help back yard breeders.

I help ya. Let's breed your chiwaawaa with me basset hound puppy.

If you need to go to YAHOO to solicit help for this, it is a sign you have NO business breeding Chihuahua's

If you need to ask a question like this then you have no business breeding any canines. You run the risk of loosing the Dam and puppies, not knowing what to do is the best way to ruin a breed.

You start with health exams on BOTH dogs by the Veterinarians. The Veterinarian will help you locate a breeding coach. That breeding coach will review the pedigrees of both dogs and give you advice.

You are aware of the significant number of Chihuahuas that die giving birth, right? The breeding coach will help you with that.

It's that simple.

Oh, no. I will not help a BYBer. You do not know what you are doing & you will be popping out some very low quality pups. You probably bought this dog from a BYBer & it should not be bred cause the genetics of your dog is all screwed up.

I HATE BYBers & would do anything to stop you from breeding your dog. Rather see her dead than bred. Do not breed her. It could take her life. Many Chi's die when whelping & you could lose her & her pups. Don't do it.

• Ocimom

Breed your dog only when you have completed the following minimum requirements:

1. Dog is AKC registered and shown to championship (or working title) in the show ring.

2. Dog has been tested and cleared of ALL genetic problems in the breed.

3. Dog is at least 2 yrs old.

4. You have written permission from your dog's breeder to breed this dog.

If you don't have or won't do the above, then neuter/spay your dog immediately.

• "Need help Breeding my Chihuahua"

That's TELLING us, [Haleen], but it was supposed to be your MAIN question.

You or Y!A adding a ❓ to it doesn't ASK us anything, unless YOU meant to ask US whether WE need help mating OUR Chihuahua.

"Breeding" doesn't need a capital letter unless it starts a sentence.

Okay - this seems to be your first entry to Y!A, so you need to learn these things:

🤢1: The first field is supposed to end with your main question. If it doesn't end with a ❓-mark, some dopey programmer has Y!A add a ❓ to your typing.

🤢2: Once you POST a question, you can NOT correct/remove any part of it.

🤢3: When you discover that you left out important information, you need to:

🔸plan out what needs to be added,

🔹click the [Edit] under your question,

🔸click the [Add Update] that will pop up,

🔹type the missing information into the empty space.

After you have CHECKED and corrected your update,

🔸click the [Submit], to permanently & irrevocably "glue" the new stuff under the old stuff.

If you MEANT to ask us:

• "Can you help me breed from my Chihuahua?"

several of the "answers" to your not-a-question, must, by now, have made you realise that few people in Y!A approve of newbies breeding from under-age, unproven, unregistered, untested, unworthy stock. So we need you to plan your responses to these questions:

💥1: What is the AGE and SEX of your Chihuahua?

💥2: Which kennel club is he/she/it registered with?

(As you asked in Yahoo instead of her BREEDER, I suspect that it is NOT registered with your nation's one official kennel club. If he/she/it is NOT registered with any official kennel club - and in the USA the ONLY internationally accepted kennel club is the AKC - then forget about having litters by/from your pet. He/She/It should be neutered at some time after it is 12 months old.)

💥3: What is its best result in a championship show?

(Ideally, a Chihuahua should be at least 18 months old before being mated - and be a Champion, or at least have 1 or more of the CCs that count as points towards a Champion title.)

💥4: What official "genetic health" certificates does it have?

If you are in Great Britain+Ireland, study: http://www.dogbreedhealth.com/chihuahua-long-and-s...

If you are in North America, the AKC requires Pass certificates for: Cardiac Exam, Ophthalmologist Evaluation, Patella Evaluation.

If those terms means nothing to you at present, put your plans on hold and click:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/search?query=Chihuahu...

then click the [Latest Activity] label to sort the groups to have the old unused groups shuffled way down the list.

Look at how many members each of the most recently-used groups has, when it's last message was posted, and whether the group's language is English or Mexican-Spanish, then join 2 of them and start asking questions and LEARNING about the Chihuahua breed.

Sadly, Yahoo has just announced that it is making changes that - in my opinion - will see every YGroup "dead" by 2020, so you need to be QUICK!

My same 4 💥-marked questions apply to the Chihuahua you intended to make your pet to.

There ARE e-groups that have nothing to do with Yahoo, but I'm not interested in searching for them. One of my GSDs DID guard a Chihuahua breeder's, stock, but her Chihuahuas were not my interest.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD breeder & trainer since 1968

• Jack H

You can't, you need another Chihuahua of the opposite sex...

If you dont have a breeding mentor, then spay and neuter your pets