canadian fraud question?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here it is... I used a fake name to buy clothes online "Bogus Mali" (no real reason for using the fake name i don't know why i did but it's a name i use as an online alias...) ive used this fake name 10 or so times in the past for packages, i know because i used it on the same website that i always buy clothes from and ive never had a problem until today... I went to pick up my package at Canada Post and they didn't give it to me since my name doesn't match even though I live at that address... I argued for 2 hours and the manager said that using a fake name is already mail fraud, I didn't believe it was but I am asking here to make sure, i bought the clothes and there's no personal or financial gain for me using the fake name... i called canada post and they told me i should try printing an authentication form and using the fake name and a signature along with my parents name and signature and get one of them to go and pick it up for me, would this be mail fraud even though I bought the clothes with my money and at my address??

TLDR: Is using a fake name when buying clothes online considered mail fraud or any other type of fraud?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Someone would have to be up on Canadian laws to be sure, but it sounds fraudulent, like potential terrorist activity.

• 4 weeks ago

yes that is crazy....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.