How do I prove the light was green at the time of the accident?

August 10th, 2019 at around 9:55 pm, I was going to the shell gas station on Harford Rd in Baltimore, MD. There are 4 lanes on my side, the far right is right turn only, the far left is left turn only. The light at Birchwood Avenue just turned green. As I head up, I can see the intersection of Old Harford Rd and E Northern Parkway, and the light is red. Then it turns green, and from the opposite direction on E Northern Parkway, I see about 2-4 cars turning left (my right) onto Old Harford Rd. There are 2 lanes on that side, both lanes are straight/turning lanes. There are only solid lights at this intersection, with a yield sign for the turning left lane. At the time I reach to the intersection, 2-3 cars have turned left already, and there is a last car attempting to turn left. By the time I realized the car wasn't yielding, I hit my brakes, but it wasn't enough to avoid impact. Now, both the driver turning left, and I stated that the light was green, but there is a witness who is stating that my light was red, because the witness was at the intersection before I got to the intersection, and the witness was waiting to turn right. The light sequence at the intersection is green on both sides when green, and red on both sides when red. The other drivers insurance is running with the witnesses' statement, saying that I was running a red light while their driver was turning on a green arrow. Now I have to prove the light was green at the time of the accident to win my case.

• M.

Our main intersections have cameras. So a video can be obtained. Is there a camera at that intersection?

I have been involved in some accidents in my 50 years of driving. I learned to quickly get the guy behind me or next to me to give name and phone number if they saw what happened.

I didn't bother reading the story. You need witnesses or it is your word against their word. The witness's word has more weight than yours...seeing as your butt is in the noose.

>So you will LIE to avoid the fine.

. It is the pits to be U.

All cbt lisense and insurance is valid and what can I do not to get caught with it dereetricted

Good frickin luck. Did you also get a ticket? If so don't even bother going to court.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Get an accident lawyer.

• Geo
      1 month agoReport

I'll bet after you lose you'll get a Dash Cam. Because you can't prove without one.

• Erik

You will just have to go with your testimony, and the testimony of your witness, and hope that they believe you.