Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Dog squats to pee when he doesn’t like the situation. Help?

It’s not necessarily new, like he will pee where he’s standing if you try to ask him to come to the bathroom for a bath, or cut his nails, or trim his paw hair.

But it’s new that now he is squatting when he doesn’t immediately get he attention he wants.

I could easily scold and crate him when that does happen but the house we are living in is covered in carpet.

I’m at the point where I may force him to wear a wrap indoors.

Is there anything I can do?

He’s been acting completely normal, there’s no abnormalities with the urine, etc etc.

He flat out doesn’t like to be ignored. He shouldn’t have had to go out to pee as well, he was out roughly an hour before, where he did pee.

Does anyone happen to know what material is used in the interior of a washable male wrap?

They are called Belly Bands. There are all kinds to choose from. Google Belly Bands & then click images up at the top & you can see all the different ones that are out there.

If you are handy with a sewing machine you could make your own. You can even put extra padding in to soak up the urine.

He NEEDS to go outside to go potty. Outside, not inside. No dog should ever be allowed to poop or pee IN the house.

You just need to get on google & go shopping.

It's called excitement urination, and it may also be submissive urination. You can google those and read more about them than there is room to write here.